Really Great Reading Conferences
Join us at any of the following conferences to learn how educators around the country are changing the way they look at K-12 literacy.
Amarillo, TX 07/19 - 07/20/2016
Hattiesburg, MS 09/14 - 09/15/2016 - Thad Cochran Center University of Southern Mississippi
Seven Springs, PA 10/22 - 10/25/2016
Piscataway, NJ 10/23/2016 - Rutgers University
Orlando, FL 10/26 - 10/29/2016
Really Great Reading Professional Development
Really Great Reading offers half-day, one-day and two-day workshops throughout the country.
Our open workshops include hands-on, activity driven professional development. Your staff will leave the workshop with practical strategies, word lists and techniques to help your adolescent struggling readers. These wonderful workshop are chock full of strategies to help struggling readers practice what good readers do naturally, which is pay attention to every word, read with a high rate of accuracy, and use strategies for attacking unfamiliar and multi-syllables words.
Our popular half day workshops include: Diagnosing Decoding Issues in Students of All Ages, Erasing the Misery of Reading and Spelling Multisyllable Words, Phonics 101 and Phonics Suite Follow-up Workshop.
Learn how Really Great Reading can help you diagnose and group struggling readers for decoding intervention.
If you have students that are struggling to pass their state tests and are guessing, skipping and omiting words as they read, our free online seminars offer techniques, ideas and best practices from program experts.
All live webinars end with an interactive Q&A.
- 5 Keys to Helping Adolescents with Decoding Issues, Best Practices and Resources
- Diagnosing Decoding Issues in Students of All Ages
- ADS Plus - A Diagnostic Decoding Assessment
- Grouping Matrix Advanced Usage
- Phonics Boost Plus Overview
- Succeeding with Phonics Blitz and Boost Instruction
- Summer School & Extended Day - Keys to Successfully Teaching Decoding
See a full list and schedule of upcoming webinars>>
These complimentary modules are designed to offer incremental professional development to those actively teaching Phonics Suite lessons. Modules are broken up into 6 distinct segments based on the scope and sequence of Blitz and Boost.
- A Suite Start - Getting Started Guide
- Suite’s Early Lessons
- Reading and Spelling Multisyllablic Words
- Suffixes and Spellings
- Spelling Rules and Syllable Types
- Advanced Vowel Spellings
- Fast Track to Blitz Lessons 1-10
- Fast Track to Blitz Lesson 25
- Using Virtual Manipulatives to Teach Phonics
We recommend attending each session in sequence; however, teachers can attend sessions that match their needs. These training modules are available to groups actively using Phonics Blitz and Boost.